20 Tips & Tricks to Boost Your Online Sales
So, you thought opening an e-commerce shop
would be enough to get sales?
Well, In order to become a successful online seller, you need more! More time, more patience and a complete strategy makeover. Let me show you how to boost your online sales dramatically by following these 20 tips and tricks:
- IMPROVE YOUR PRODUCT LISTING
An ideal product listing should have:
- Title – A product title should be SEO friendly, descriptive and relatable.
- Photos – Ideally captured against a white background. Product photos should display every aspect of your product.
- Description – A product description should ideally be based on your product’s features and not on its specifications. It should be SEO-friendly too.
On the basis of the above-mentioned points, how would you rate your products listing?
- MAINTAIN YOUR STOCK
Inventory is an important part of any e-commerce business. In order to make more sales, you need to keep an eye on your stock.
- SELL AT A COMPETITIVE PRICE
Pricing has a direct impact on your sales. Before setting a price for your product, test different strategy and price points to see how your customer would respond towards them.
- CHAT WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS
Live chat is one of the most important features of any e-commerce platform. It helps you to –
- Get in touch directly with your potential customers
- Help customers with their purchase queries
- Upsell products directly in the chat
- ACCEPT AND PROCESS ORDERS IN TIME
Create a better shopping experience for your customers by processing orders as quickly as possible. Order fulfillment process plays an important role in customer satisfaction and retention too.
- BUILD YOUR BRAND WITH GOOD PACKAGING
Did you know 52% of your customers would likely to make a repeat purchase if they like the packaging of your product? A good packaging helps in building a brand identity, attract attention and enhances the unboxing experience for the customer.
- SELL GENUINE ITEMS AND BUILD TRUST
Isn’t it obvious? Sell genuine goods if you’re a serious seller and want to grow your business online. Don’t try to cheat and fool your customers.
- WORD OF MOUTH PROMOTION
According to a marketing survey, 92% of consumers prefer buying products suggested by their friends and family than advertising. Word of mouth marketing is extremely important and contributes a lot to build a customer’s trust and respect in your product.
- PARTICIPATE IN SEASONAL SALES
Selling products in an e-commerce marketplace? Good, don’t miss to participate in their seasonal sales. These sales are extremely promoted by the e-commerce platform itself and thus helps a lot in boosting businesses who participate in it. It generates a lot of traffic on your page too.
- RUN DISCOUNTS ON YOUR PRODUCTS
Run various kind of promotions on your products to attract eyeballs. You can run promotions like:
- Free shipping offers
- BOGO offer (Buy One, Get One)
- Coupon code
- Discount on buying multiple items. For e.g; Buy 3 to get 30% off
- ACCEPT RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
66% of online shoppers check the return and exchange policy of the e-commerce website before making a purchase. Therefore, to earn a customer’s trust and get more sales, a well-crafted return and exchange policy is a must for every online seller.
- GIVE NOVELTY, INEXPENSIVE FREEBIES
We all love getting free stuff. Freebie marketing is a great way to attract new customers and encourage customer loyalty. Try freebie marketing by giving away things that cost you little to nothing but delivers measurable results.
- IF POSSIBLE PAY COD AND SHIPPING CHARGES
If you’re new in e-commerce selling then it’s probably a good idea to bear shipping and COD charges by yourself. Phrases like “Free Shipping”, “Free COD” plays a big part in making your online store attractive to your customers.
- PROMOTE YOUR SHOP ON DIFFERENT SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS
Promoting your brand on various social channels is the most effective yet cost-saving strategy one can use. It’s important that your customer knows your brand outside an e-commerce platform. Apart from this, you can also use these platforms to engage customers, attract new followers, run promotional discounts, etc.
- RUN ADS ON FACEBOOK AND GOOGLE
Run Facebook and Google Ads for the simple love of – Traffic, Leads & Sales.
Google is the most used search engine, while Facebook has around 1.18 billion daily active users. These two are the biggest revenue generator when it comes to paid marketing.
- INCREASE YOUR VISIBILITY
Here are more than a few ways to increase your visibility and thereby sales on an e-commerce marketplace:
- Run Promotional Ads
- Get listed as ‘Featured Products’
- Target the right keywords to target the right customer
- INCREASE YOUR TRAFFIC THROUGH BLOG AND BACKLINKS
Want to generate organic traffic? Write blogs on your and guest websites to educate as well as attract new customers.
- GET MORE EYEBALLS WITH EMAIL MARKETING
Email Marketing is a great way to connect with your customers on a personal level. You can send emails almost about anything – new order email, thank you email, a discount alert email, seasonal greetings, etc.
- SELL ON FACEBOOK
Do you promote your brand on Facebook? Have you ever considered selling products via Facebook? Let your fans browse, share and purchase your products directly from your Facebook Shop.
- USE A SIMPLE WEBSITE TO BUILD A BRAND IDENTITY
Brand Identity can single-handedly affect your sales. Therefore, it’s important that you always work towards making a unique and good brand image for yourself. A simple website can do a lot for building a brand identity for you. Also, a website is an amazing way to:
- Tell your brand story
- Show seasonal discounts
- Display your best-selling products
Thinking about building your own website? Do it with Kraftly Kanvas